Thursday, April 16, 2009

...the Quilts!!

a sprinkle of vibrant colours in double shaded 'Khann' fabric,traditionally used as blouse pieces and offerings to the Goddess in Maharashtra... patched together in harmony..I have always been fascinated by the array of colours of this chiefly handspun cloth, now unfortunately faced with extinction as more and more traditional crafts die out in the contest with 'progress'.
 So,
Presenting the Rawworks Quilts.. been thinking up a nice name for them and havent found anything warm & comfortable & colorful.. suggestions are welcome! 
 





7 comments:

Mitali said...

These are great. Where can I buy them?

Pan's Labyrinth said...

How about naming them Khannwari?

Anu M said...

Umm, I could only think of basic stuff like k.h.a.nn or K.h.a.nn en Inde with the "nn" in Devanagari (the en Inde because everything sound better in French!).

Guess you could also call them RawQuilts in keeping with the Raw theme.

Lovely godhadis btw

ashwinichaudhary said...

Try 'Godhadi'

Rawworks India said...

Hey all!! I've been so very tied up.. my animation studio, Animagic, celebrated its 12th anniversary yesterday.. there was so much going on..I am sorry I couldn't write earlier..

So first, Thanks so much! I am glad you'all liked the quilts..

From the suggestions here and those received in person, I think I like 'Khannwari' the most so far.. Thanks, Pan's Labyrinth! It's a beautiful name.

Mitali, I am going to ask Romel to get in touch with you.. :)
The quilts are available at my studio in Mumbai...so far;)
They can be custom made for different sizes..in about 10 days.
Ciao!

Rawworks India said...

Hey Charlotte, just realized its you!! Thanks again for the name!

Anonymous said...

Are these not available for sale? Please contact me if there is somewhere I can find them. bbynrx@sbcglobal.net. I have been looking everywhere for something jut like this.
thank you, Lori